Avionics Technician - Aviation (Contract)
The Avionics Technician troubleshoot repairs, inspect, modify and service aircraft avionics, electrical and electronic equipment. Perform and document all work performed per appropriate manuals and regulations as required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Adhere to General Work Requirements (Factory, Shop and / or Hangar positions)
- Comply with environmental health / safety policies and procedures. Participate in 5-S activities. Perform all assigned tasks in a safe and timely manner
- Operate ground support equipment as required
- Assist with mechanical / electrical removals and installations
- May assist with maintenance at off-site locations
- Perform other duties as assigned
- 1– 3 years avionics work experience or substantiated equivalent experience
- Experience on corporate jet aircraft / commercial aircraft - preferred
- Ability to read and understand electrical engineering drawings
- Effectively communicate in both written and verbal form on individual and / or aircraft status
- Must have own a basic set of hand tools with the ability to demonstrate inventory & control of tools
- Obtain appropriate Ground Support Equipment Qualifications as required
- Able to work unscheduled overtime including nonscheduled work days and holidays
- Able to work in seasonal/inclement weather outside
- Obtain a Security Identification Display Area badge (SIDA) (if applicable)
- Basic PC skills
- Have an A Certification, P Certification, or A&P Certificate - preferred
- Have a GROL (General Radiotelephone Operator License) or AET (Aircraft Electronics Technician) Certificate - preferred
- Completed Avionics / electric A/C Technical School or other substantiated equivalent
About Our Client:
For over 130 years our clients innovative and integrated solutions have demonstrated our commitment to creating a positive social impact around the globe. Our range of products and services are tailored to meet our customers’ evolving needs across the commercial aviation, energy, transportation and infrastructure, machinery, defense and space systems sectors.
Our culture embraces diversity and cooperation, and we promote a healthy balance of professional and personal development, ensuring that your ideas and expertise are valued and respected.
APA Services, Inc. is a full service staffing company supplying qualified technical and professional employees to the most reputable companies in the Aerospace/Aircraft industry—across the United States and abroad.
Benefits of working with APA Services:
Weekly Payroll, Medical Insurance Available, Cash Advances, Travel Pay and/or bonuses on Select Contracts.
Constant Cash is a referral program that allows individuals to make extra money simply by referring qualified candidates.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the APA Services family give us a call at (817) 529-4000
Thanks for taking the time to apply and we look forward to working with you soon.