Cabinet Finisher II
Experience working with UV and cabinet finish techniques in tight areas after final installation of assets. Attention to detail. Prior aircraft and/or yacht experience preferred.
Under general supervision, prepares and applies finishes to aircraft furniture using aircraft specifications, designs and engineering drawings with a high level of safety, quality, detail and productivity. Assists team members with greater experience to enhance techniques supportive of quality workmanship.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Two (2) years experience in wood finishing. Experience in aerospace industry preferred. Basic knowledge of cabinet finishing processes and products.
- Essential Functions:
- Works under general supervision to prepare furniture for finish and disassembly using blueprints, aircraft specifications and design/engineering drawings.
- Performs high quality repairs to various finished surfaces in the shop and aboard aircraft. Cleans and polishes blemishes as needed to prepare the aircraft for delivery. Applies finish to furniture using spray equipment and other manual/mechanical methods.
- Uses various types of sandpapers, polishes, adhesives, masking mediums, solvents, finish materials, hand tools and various power tools to disassemble and finish furniture.
- Complies with all safety, 5S, and housekeeping policies. Uses personal protective equipment to protect aircraft interior (PTP).
- Uses the material tracking system to create parts demand, track squawks and to sign-off work.
- Additional Functions:
- Works with lead and higher skilled technicians to develop and implement process improvements that increase safety, reduce, cost, cycle time, and man-hours using Lean Six-Sigma and other process improvement techniques.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Other Requirements:
- Possess a working knowledge of Gulfstream inspection and process specifications.
- The ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Able to climb ladders and stairs, work in small restricted areas, lift up to 40 pounds and work any shift.
- Must be computer literate.
- Education Requirements
- High School Diploma or GED required.
About Our Client:
Our client has led the evolution of business and personal aviation since the 1958 debut of the world’s first purpose-built business aircraft. Today, they produce the world’s most advanced business aircraft, with innovations from nose to tail and wingtip to wingtip, all while offering unmatched global product support and service.
APA Services, Inc. is a full service staffing company supplying qualified technical and professional employees to the most reputable companies in the Aerospace/Aircraft industry—across the United States and abroad.
Benefits of working with APA Services:
Weekly Payroll, Medical Insurance Available, Cash Advances, Travel Pay and/or bonuses on Select Contracts.
Constant Cash is a referral program that allows individuals to make extra money simply by referring qualified candidates.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the APA Services family give us a call at (817) 529-4000
Thanks for taking the time to apply and we look forward to working with you soon.